Looking for a job
Finding a new role is a full time job! This spreadsheet will help you keep the details straight as you research open roles, go through the interview process, and finally choose the perfect job. Here are some of the data points you'll be able to capture in the spreadsheet:
- Capture logistical details for each company: POC, team, role/level, location
- Track recruiting process status and log recruiting process details for reference throughout interviewing.
- Space for lots of notes, including a column for red flags and open questions
- Compensation breakdown (base, bonus, stock, signing bonus, 401k matching, other monetary benefits)
- RSU/options details, vesting schedule, and company stock history
- Benefits comparison, including PTO, parental leave, insurance cost, and other benefits
- Online employee ratings from sites like Glassdoor and Blind
- A few suggested interview questions that you can ask each company to get a clear comparison of what it'd be like to work at each.
- And finally, a weighted rating system to help quantify the qualities you've collected when interviewing! If you're like me, this system will tell you what you already know in your gut, but it can often be a helpful process to lay it all out clearly when deciding between multiple offers.
Please note, this spreadsheet is geared towards tech roles but can be adapted for any other industry!