Getting a pet
Pets can be some of the most joyous additions to a family or household, but the young ones can be quite the handful! These are the tools I used when my puppy, Moose, came home with us. We potty and crate trained him in 2 weeks — wishing you the same good fortune!
- The Budget sheet will help you anticipate first year cost of having a puppy.
- Use the Shopping List to procure all materials needed for puppy's arrival home.
- The Food + potty log is helpful in the first weeks of potty and crate training.
- Use the Crate/work schedule to determine which family member will take point on puppy at any given time.
- The Health & Grooming sheet becomes your source of truth for all medical history.
- Use the Provider Comparison to log and compare research & recommendations for providers like a vet, groomer, and puppy training school.
- The Pet sitter & dog walker instructions sheet is a simple list of information we leave for caregivers.